Okay its seems that the Virtualmin downgrade has settled down now.
I’m still working out exactly how much functionality I have lost by going to the free GPL version but this is what I did:
- I downloaded the repo rpm and installed it with:
rpm -Uvh –oldpackage virtualmin-release-latest.rpm
- I then ran a
yum clean all
This will clean up the repo settings left over from the downgrade and reset to the gpl version.
I then went into the webmin control panel:
WEBMIN>SYSTEM>Scheduled Cron Jobs
and disabled the following cron jobs (these are apparently not valid in the gpl version of Virtualmin):
That last one is a clean up program for fastcgi but , I haven’t found out what the other 2 jobs do.
I just know that they give me errors in my logs if left enabled.
I have since discovered that it might be possible to change the username and password to “GPL” and the re-run the install script. I have not tested this and don’t know what that would do to the existing servers, mailpacks , etc.